Resources for Persons in Recovery and Professionals
Our team knows how important it is to have resources available in your time of need. Please review some free resources for persons in recovery and professionals below for more information.
National Resources for Persons in Recovery
- SAMHSA's National Helpline is a free, confidential treatment referral and information service for individuals and families facing mental and/ or substance use disorders. This helpline is available 24/7, 365 days a year in English and Spanish. 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline offers free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you and your family. This lifeline is available 24/7. 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Alabama Crisis Centers
- AltaPointe Health: This crisis center is located in Mobile County and serves Baldwin, Washington, Clark, Conecuh, Escambia, and Monroe counties. Call 251-450-2211 for more information.
- Montgomery Area Mental Health Authority: This center has a regional approach. The center is based in Montgomery, and it serves the entire River Region (Autauga, Elmore, Lowndes, Montgomery, and Macon counties) as well as the counties of Chambers, Lee, Russell, and Tallapoosa. This is operated in partnership with the community mental health centers of East Alabama and East Central Alabama. Call 334-279-7830 for more information.
- Wellstone: This center is located in Huntsville and serves Cullman, Madison, Fayette, Lamar, Marion, Walker, Winston, Lawrence, Limestone, Morgan, Jackson, Marshall, Cherokee, Dekalb, and Etowah. Call 256-734-4688 for more information.
Substance Use Treatment Centers
- A Woman's Place (Indian Rivers affiliate): 205-391-3131, 2209 9th Street, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 www.irbh.org/services/substance-abuse/womens-outpatient-treatment
- Bradford Health Services: 1-866-977-7158, 515 Energy Center Blvd., Northport, AL 35473 bradfordhealth.com/?utm_source=GMB&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Northport
- Bryce Hospital: 205-759-0750, 200 University Blvd., Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 mh.alabama.gov/bryce-hospital
- Indian Rivers: 205-391-3131, 2209 9th Street, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 www.irbh.org/
- Phoenix House: 205-758-3867, 700 35th Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 www.phoenixhouse.org
- A Nu Direction: 877-539-5579, 500 Hospital Drive, Wetumpka, AL 36092 (Elmore County) www.drug-rehabs.org/rehab-center/A-Nu-Direction_Wetumpka_AL.htm
- Alethia House: 205-324-6502, 201 Finley Avenue West, Birmingham, AL 35204 www.specialkindofcaring.org
- The Bridge, Inc.: 256-546-6324, 3232 Lay Spring Road, Gadsden, AL 35904 www.bridgeinc.org/programs
- Cahaba Center: 334-418-6527, 2990 Earl Goodwin Parkway, Selma, AL 36703 www.cahabamentalhealth.com
- Cedar Lodge: 888-672-7192, 22165 U.S. Highway 431, Guntersville, AL 35976. mh.alabama.gov/at_biz_dir/cedar-lodge
- Chilton County Treatment Center: 2100 Holiday Inn Drive, Clanton, AL 35046 www.chiltoncountytreatmentcenter.com/
- Expect a Miracle: 205-502-7274, 16 Oporto Madrid Blvd. North, Birmingham, AL 35206 www.expectamiracleinc.com
- Fellowship House Inc.: 205-933-2430, 1625 12th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35205 fshbhm.org/
- The Foundry Ministries: 205-428-8449, 1804 6th Avenue North, Bessemer, AL 35020 foundryministries.com
- Houston Treatment Center: 334-692-4455, 9283 West US Highway 84, Newton, AL 36352 www.treatmentandrehab.org
- Impact Recovery Center: 888-300-7458, 2006 Pleasant Valley Road, Odenville, AL 35120 impactrecoverycenter.net/
- Lighthouse: 844-818-6075, 445 County Road 773, Cullman, AL 35055. lighthousetreatment.com
- The Lovelady Center: 205-833-7410, 7916 2nd Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35206 www.loveladycenter.org
- NewLife for Women: 256-413-0200, 102 Centurion Way, Gadsden, AL 35904 www.newlifeforwomen.org
- Northwest Alabama Treatment Center: 205-425-1200, 4204 Edmonton Drive, Bessemer, AL 35022
- Olivia's House: 205-833-5708, 8017 2nd Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35206 www.oliviashouse.org
- Pearson Hall: 205-923-6552, 2701 Jefferson Avenue SW, Birmingham, AL 35211 adatc.org/pearson-hall-services/
- Recovery Organization of Support Specialists (ROSS): 1-877-307-1760 https://ross4u.org
- Shoal Treatment Center: 877-705-9855, 3430 Jackson Highway, Sheffield, AL 35660 shoals.bhgrecovery.com
- Sunrise Lodge: 1-855-489-3619, 1163 Washington Ave SW, Russellville, AL 35653 (Franklin County) www.sunrisetreatmentcenter.net
- Tri County Treatment Center: 205-836-3345, 5605 Clifford Circle, Birmingham, AL 35210 www.newseason.com/clinics/tri-county-treatment-center
- Zukoski Outpatient Center: 205-785-5787, 601 Princeton Avenue SW, Birmingham, AL 35211 mh.alabama.gov/at_biz_dir/zukoski-outpatient-center
- West Central Alabama Area, Greater Birmingham, Mobile/ Pensacola, South Jefferson, Shelby, Emerald Coast- Call 256-500-8889 or visit https://www.alnwfl.org/.
- Greater Birmingham Area- Call 205-243-7854.
- Southeast Zonal Forum- Visit https://sezf.org/.
- Baldwin County Area- Call 866-985-0008.
- Greater Mobile Area- Call 866-985-0008 or visit http://mobilena.org/.
- North Alabama Area (Decatur, AL & Pulaski, TN)- https://www.alnwfl.org/meetings/north-alabama-area/.
- North East Alabama Area (Marshall, Dekalb, Calhoun and Tall Counties)- Call 800-230-5109 or visit http://www.neaana.com.
- Chattahoochee Flint Rivers Area (Phenix City)- Call 706-576-9606 or visit https://cfrana.com/.
- Central Alabama Area (Montgomery, Prattville, Tuskegee, Union Springs)- Call 866-985-0008 or visit http://alnwfl.org.
- Wiregrass Area (Abbeville, Dothan, Eufala, Headland, Level Plains, Luverne, Ozark, Taylor, and Troy)- Call 866-985-0008.
- Birmingham Intergroup- Call 205-290-0060 or visit www.birminghamaa.org.
- North Central Dist 2 Intergroup (Hartselle)- Call 800-658-7576 or visit www.the12traditions.com.
- Montgomery Area Intergroup- Call 334-264-4122 or visit www.centralalaa.org.
- District 01 (Muscle Shoals)- Call 256-386-0663 or www.shoalsaa.org.
- Tupelo, MS Central Office- Call 662-844-0374.
Free Narcan Kits
- If you, a family member or friend are struggling with addiction and need support, please call 844-307-1760 for the 24/7 helpline. You can also learn how to obtain and use a free Narcan (Naloxone) Kit. Supported by the Alabama Department of Mental Health.
Literary Resources for Professionals
Please read more about drug use and health below.